The Carinthia Defence 6 is a high-performace winter sleeping bag designed for uncompromising warmth retention in arctic conditions. It has a triple-layer sandwich construction with a loose-fitting shellproof shell which guarantees optimum warmth. It has a generous draft tube on the inside of the zipper to prevent any heat loss at the zipper. Additionally it has a protection flap on the outside to keep out wind and wetness.
G-LOFT ISO+ FILLING
- Manufactured from high-quality bi-component polymers, the structure of G-LOFT insulation is in fact similar in many ways to high-quality goose down. The 3-dimensional crimping ensures maximum resilience and loft.
- Even when the sleeper moves about compressing the inner layer of insulation, the sleeping bag’s warmth is retained. Successive insulating layers are cut more generously. This ensures the greatest loft in all areas and in every position. Additional air cushions form between the various layers. Movement inside the sleeping bag creates pressure points, but with the differential cut only the innermost layer is compressed. The outer layers retain their loft and therefore their insulating properties.
- Thermoflect increases the heat retention of a sleeping bag by around 11%. Thermoflect is Carinthia's solution to heat loss due to body radiation. Thermoflect is an ultra-light, ultra-soft, breathable scrim with the unique ability to reflect body-heat.
THE TRAPEZOIDAL FOOT SECTION
- Experience has shown that the trapezoidal cut provides the ultimate foot space. In a normal sleeping position, the feet do not poke the insulation outward, avoiding cold spots. There is also enough room to store a shoe bag or extra clothing.
THE MUMMY SHAPE
- Here the criteria of stuff size, weight and warmth are most important. The tapered foot section reduces weight and stuff size. The main advantage is, however, that from the knee downwards there is increasingly less internal volume to keep warm. The foot section should not be so small that the feet cause the layers of insulation to poke out. A trapezoidal foot section has proven to be ideal. A wedge shape, declining evenly in width from top to bottom, does not fit the true proportions of the body.
TRIPLE-LAYER SANDWICH CONSTRUCTION WITH LOOSE SHELL
- The three G-LOFT Plus insulation layers have offset quilting. The shell is not quilted with the filling, but attached later. This provides an air cushion between the insulation and the shell. With no stitch perforations in the shell, it is relatively water and airtight.
TWO WAY ZIPPER
- All Carinthia military sleeping bags are equipped with a two way zipper. The glider on the top does not snag, allowing a quick step out if necessary (in case of alert for example). The glider on the down side does stick and can be opened for ventilation.
- Age Restriction:
- Packed Dimensions:
- 25 x 45
- Youtube Link:
- 188 x 120
- Product Weight:
- Nato Stock Number:
- 2018-02-14 00:00:00
- Shipping Group:
- Parent Base Price:
- Lead Time Dropdown:
- 14 - 21 Days