Triple Aught Design Equilibrium Jacket - Regulate Your Environment
Maintaining core body temperature is critical to survival in adverse conditions. Traditional insulation layers force a trade-off between size, weight and warmth, while their lack of breathability proves them useful only in static situations. TAD propose the Equilibrium Jacket as a solution: a lightweight, compressible and breathable jacket engineered for dynamic missions.
Exceptionable breathability allows the user to leave the Equilibrium on during both activity and rest, leaving behind the old pattern of frequent putting on and taking off of layers and equipment that has plagued variable-weather missions in the past. Lightweight but durable shell material and an integrated stuff pocket means that the jacket can be transformed into a compact, lightweight package to be stored in a pack or cargo pocket when not in use.
Improving your ability to thermoregulate in austere environments with changing weather patterns, the Equilibrium changes the paradigm of insulating jackets.
- Active Insulator: Polartec’s revolutionary Alpha® material, developed alongside US Special Forces and now adopted as their standard issued insulation, is an advanced, breathable insulation technology that works during both rest and dynamic phases in the field.
- Climate Control: A durable stretch nylon shell treated with Schoeller's 3XDRY is both hydrophobic and hydrophilic. 3XDRY wicks moisture away from the interior while simultaneously repelling it on the exterior.
- Packable: The Equilibrium is compressible, layers easily and is storable in small spaces. A rear, single entry hunter's pocket serves as a convenient stuff sack. To engage, turn the pocket inside out and stuff the jacket into the reversed pocket.
- Fit: Active
- Layering: Mid Layer
- Patterning: Set In Sleeves; Edge Stitched; Side Panelled Body; Structured Arm Details; Collar with Chin Guard; Full Length Wind Flap; Back Pocket Stores Jacket When Not In Use
- Materials: Shell - 93% Nylon, 7% Elastane (76.00 g/m²) Schoeller® 3XDRY® Finish • Insulation - 100% Polyester (80.00 g/m²) Polartec® Alpha® • Liner - 84% Polyester, 16% Elastane Aegis® Antimicrobial Finish
- Weight & Dimensions for Medium: Weight - 19.75 oz (560.00 grams) • Stuff Sack - 12.00" (30.48 cm) L x 6.00" (15.24 cm) W x 3.50" (8.89 cm) D
- Pocket Configuration: Two On Seam Zippered Hand Pockets with Internal Attachment Points; Zippered Pocket at Wearer's Left Chest; Internal Envelope Patch Pocket at Wearer’s Right Chest; Rear (Single Entry) Zippered Pocket with Internal Attachment Loop (Serves As Jacket’s Stuff Sack)
- Zipper Configuration: Full Front Coil Zipper with Chin Flap and Pull Tab; Reversible Slider On Rear Storage Pocket; All Zippers Are YKK® Zippers
- Cuff & Sleeve Configuration: Bound Elastic Cuffs
- Hem Configuration: Adjustable Locking Drawcord; Cordlock Located in Wearer's Right Hand Pocket
- TAD Gear
- 93% Nylon, 7% Elastane (76.00 g/m²) Schoeller® 3XDRY® Finish
- Youtube Link:
- Product Weight (g)
- Limited Edition:
- Size Chart:
- 2018-06-15 00:00:00
- Special Label:
- Limited Stock
- Shipping Group:
- Parent Base Price:
- Lead Time Dropdown:
- Limited Stock