While the origins of the phrase "going commando" are up for debate, we’ve firmly settled on our favourite rumour. Nicknamed after members of elite units, this term was coined during the Vietnam War when soldiers were reputed to wear no underwear to increase ventilation and reduce moisture during combat in the humid, jungle terrain. This shift was adopted to offset the poorly performing cotton drawers that were standard issue.
When designing their TAD Commando Boxer Briefs, Triple Aught Design evaluated the constraints those in the field had to endure with inferior daily essentials and opted to design a low-profile silhouette built with the natural antimicrobial properties of Merino. Constructed to accommodate an active lifestyle, these boxer briefs are lightweight and cut for mobility. With flatlock seams and double panel construction, these briefs feature a close, comfortable fit that moves with you and retains its shape during use. It’s safe to say that despite the fact that you’ll clearly be wearing a base layer, it will feel as though you’re comfortably going commando.
Please use TAD Fit Guide to ensure you discover the right size.
Given the personal nature of this product, we do not accept returns or exchanges. For more information, please see our Return Policy.
- Care Instruction: Designed to fit comfortably and for easy care at home. Wash warm, tumble dry low and have the garment come out just the right size.
- Active Merino: Unlike traditional wool, TAD Merino collection is comfortable against the skin and designed for performance. Perfect as part of your layering system, it naturally regulates body temperature by trapping heat for insulation when you’re cold while still maintaining breathability. If high pursuit activities heat you up, Merino effortlessly wicks moisture away from your skin to keep you dry and avoid cold chills. Even if you’re caught in a sudden downpour, this material can still insulate when wet. Naturally odour resistant, you can hit the ground running for days without being concerned about laundry. TAD use MAPP (Merino Advanced Performance Program) fabric to ensure it is created exclusively using Merino fibres sourced from the cleanest and purest New Zealand alpine environments.
Before Wash Measurements for Size M
- Inseam: 7.00” (17.78 cm)
- Leg Opening Circumference: 16.50” (41.91 cm)
After Wash Measurements for Size M
- Inseam: 7.00” (17.78 cm)
- Leg Opening Circumference: 16.00” (40.64 cm)
- 160 grams/meter2 Merino Wool
- 96% Merino Wool, 4% Spandex
- New Zealand Merino Wool is MAPP Certified
- 2.71 oz (76.70 grams)
- Gusseted Crotch
- Flat Lock Seams
- Tagless Interior Labels
- Hidden Envelope Pocket
- Closed Fly
- 1.00" (2.54 cm) Brushed Elastic Waistband
- 160 grams/m2 Merino Wool 96% Merino Wool, 4% Spandex
- Product Weight (g)
- Size Chart:
- 2019-10-06 00:00:00
- Shipping Group: